What are some of the rules for tenants living at the City Views properties?

The main things we ask for is that tenants be considerate to their neighbours.
Also, we request that tenants:

  • Not smoke in the property.
  • Not play loud music or display any anti-social behaviour.
  • Not host parties or gatherings in the property.
  • Further examples are outlined our welcome pack.

Who do I speak to if I have any problems in the property?

We have an office on site generally open week days from 08.30 to 16.30.  Non urgent issues are dealt with as soon as possible and are added to a priority list.  For urgent maintenance issues you will be issued a telephone number, upon completion of the tenancy paperwork, which you can call immediately.

What notice do I have to give before leaving?

We require as much notice as possible in writing (letter, email or message format) prior to moving.  We ask for a minimum of one month’s notice but if this not possible we are flexible.  Your advance rent payment will cover your notice period.  If you do not have any advance rent payment in place we ask that you pay in advance to cover your notice period.

You mention ‘partly furnished’. What does this include?

White goods are included such as the oven, hob, fridge and washer.  Any other kitchen items are not included.  You will have a built in bed and wardrobe in the property however, where they are not built in they will be provided.

Can I reserve an apartment?

You can reserve an apartment but you must pay non-refundable rent on the property from the reservation date.  When you actually move into the property we would still require a month’s rent in advance.  For example:  If you want to reserve a £100 per week apartment for 3 weeks before you moved in.  You would pay £300 in advance to reserve the property.  When you want to move in, at your meeting to sign the tenancy and exchange documentation, you must pay a month’s rent in advance which is the usual procedure.  If, for example, you wanted to reserve the apartment for 3 weeks and had paid £300 in advance and after 2 weeks you changed your mind and did not want the property we would not refund the difference.

Can I have a pet living in the property?

I’m afraid we do not accept pets in any of our properties.

Are all bills included?

Some bills are included.  These are:  Gas, Electric, Water rates and Council Tax.

Other bills which you should consider having to pay are:  Telephone, Internet and TV providers such as Sky, Virgin etc. as these are not included.  If you do have a television that you watch in the property you are responsible for the television licence.

Do I have to pay a bond?

No you don’t pay a bond.  We do ask that you pay at least one month’s rent in advance or if you are paid weekly from your employer at least two weeks rent in advance.  This money is used to pay your rent when you give your last months, or fortnights notice.

Where are the properties based?

The properties are based at the Junction of Granville Road and City Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 5HH



RLA Member Logo Mono